• Understand the use of and apply COBIT, COSO, and other IT and internal control frameworks.
• A firm understanding of the IT function within an organization and the risks associated with SDLC, change management, physical and logical security, prevention and monitoring, in addition to understanding the IT layers and their intricacies.
• Prepare and index work papers and perform various procedures under the specific methodology as established and monitored by engagement project managers.
• Responsible for all phases of multiple and complex BAS engagements, such as evaluation of internal controls, risk assessment and operating effectiveness testing.
• Regularly demonstrate concise, accurate, and organized work paper skills.
• Bring unusual/significant issues to the Supervisor and/or Manager.
• Maintain job organization throughout the engagement.
• Build effective working relationships with client personnel and meet time constraints and client deadlines.
• Demonstrate competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards.
• Staying within budget on engagements, assigned tasks and activities.
• Use a variety of resources to learn about and study industry developments and technical innovations.
• Seek ongoing counsel and feedback on each engagement and work to improve based on that feedback.
• An ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of both the financial and the IT processes within an organization.
Minimum Education Bachelor's degree or Master's with an emphasis in accounting, IT or general business.
Experience Minimum of two to three years of related experience preferably in public accounting, or other internal control related work experience. Experience in SSAE16 (SOC, or SAS 70) and IT audits, financial and/or SOX 404 IT general control audits are a plus.
Skills and Licenses Currently hold, or are actively pursuing one of the following: CPA, CISA/CISM, CIA or CISSP certification(s). Proficient in the use of computer and basic software applications, above average written and verbal communication skills, above average excel skills, and successful problem-solving and analytical skills.
Other Candidates are required to successfully complete a background check.