• Lead projects that study and understand business objectives, work flows, and business processes as well as evaluate the adequacy of and appropriateness of the system of internal controls which support activities spanning all BNSF information system services and user departments.
• Manage project budgets in both staff allocation and timelines.
• Employ creative solutions to deal with project roadblocks and barriers.
• Develop audit scope using risk assessment techniques.
• Gather, analyze and document complex information using programming and system query techniques and sophisticated financial analysis tools.
• Interpret evidence obtained in the examinations with respect to compliance with policies, adequacy of procedures, effectiveness of controls, and efficiency of information system practices.
• Perform testing based on audit objectives and adequately document evidence of testing in workpapers sufficient to comply with the Institute of Internal Auditors’ professional standards.
• Challenge standard systems procedures to ensure continued effectiveness.
• Develop, present, and help implement value-added recommendations for customer management which causes them to improve existing systems and processes including development of self-audit capabilities.
• Consult with management about new business processes to ensure they are properly controlled and will operate as intended.
• Develop and maintain effective communication and rapport with customer personnel to ensure appropriate issues are raised and effective changes made.
• Seek opportunities to share knowledge by coaching and developing others.
For additional information and to apply, please go to www.bnsf.com/careers/
Deadline for applications is Midnight, Nov. 27th, 2012