Working with general supervision, the Staff Auditor will conduct testing and documentation activities for financial/operational internal audits in the company’s operations. The principal business outcome for this position is to assess and evaluate the internal control environment by conducting internal audits and compliance testing. Auditor consults with all levels of the organization including management, for validation and resolution of audit findings. The auditor will interact with his or her supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Perform audit procedures related to financial/operational and SOX processes, including identifying, defining and documenting issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, documenting client processes and procedures, and working collaboratively with management to identify actions needed.
• Communicate or assist in communicating the results of audits (financial/ operational and SOX) and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
• Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
• Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with co-workers.
• Represent internal audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings, and with external organizations.
• Assess internal control elements to mitigate risks regarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of business information.
• Perform related work as assigned by Internal Audit management.
• Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other major business units throughout the GameStop organization.
• Model the high level of customer service expected of all GameStop associates including, but not limited to, responding to voice mails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others’ feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate.
• Adhere to all organizational and professional ethical standards.
• Manage relationships in ways acceptable to others and to the organization.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a degree in Business Administration (Accounting, Finance, or related field) required — related graduate degree, certification (CPA, CIA or similar) or candidate is preferred
• At least 2 years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or similar work required — retail experience preferred
• Must possess a valid U.S. passport or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of employment
• Must be able to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally, as needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Proficient understanding of internal auditing, generally accepted audit standards, accounting principles and practices, audit/accounting terminology and concepts.
• Proficient knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation and associated compliance requirements.
• Proficient knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Working knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
• Working understanding of negotiation and consensus building.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
• Proficient ability to assess the effectiveness of internal controls over key audit risks; identify, collect , analyze and evaluate significant exposures and other management information; detect changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness; demonstrated ability to conclude and develop appropriate, related recommendations for management.
• Working understanding of project planning and implementation, including the ability to work effectively with tight timelines, high quality standards, and demanding, potentially overlapping priorities.
• Working knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Working ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English.
• Ability to positively model the organization’s commitment to integrity, diversity, inclusion, and maintaining a respectful workplace.
• Ability to understand and comply with GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to attendance, safety, conflict of interest, confidentiality, honesty and ethical conduct.
GameStop offers a comprehensive benefits plan, associate discounts, causal and fun work environment that offers challenging assignments. We are currently accepting resumes for this great opportunity.
GameStop is an EEO Employer!
To access the application for this job opportunity please click the following site: https://gamestoptx-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=2455&version=1#.UQgv47bsAQY.email