Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the execution of audits, including planning and oversight, with minimal supervision from the AVP Information Technology Audit.
• Recommend and implement enhancements to audit tools and procedures.
• Assist the AVP with the development of the annual audit plan.
• Identify control weaknesses, regulatory compliance issues, and other areas of risk.
• Plan audits and develop design flows, risk assessments, audit findings and audit reports.
• Direct and review work of staff, demonstrating effective leadership skills on a continuous basis.
• Present Audit findings to management with minimal assistance from AVP or VP.
• Consult on various system implementation and enhancement projects.
• Perform leadership roles and other duties as needed to accomplish departmental objectives.
• Promote a cooperative and productive work environment and build effective working relationships with audit clients.
• Report to work as scheduled.
Reports to: VP Information Technology Audit.
Direct Reports: None
• Working knowledge of internal audit processes, generally accepted auditing standards and information systems processes.
• Working knowledge of Oracle Applications, UNIX, AS/400, networking technologies, Windows, change control, project management, and IT security concepts.
• Knowledge of automated auditing tools is required.
• In-depth knowledge of federal and state regulations, including Sarbanes-Oxley, is required.
• Ability to develop and execute audit programs with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
• Ability to exercise prudent judgement and offer knowledgeable advice to management that is specific and practical for the AmeriCredit environment.
• Ability to independently evaluate and maintain a level of professional skepticism.
• Must be able to effectively, lead, organize and supervise a team of auditors.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), people skills, and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional, Visio, other audit software and tools and database theory is required.
• Substantial experience in the field of Information Technology audit in a finance/lending related industry
• Limitedsupervisory experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a concentration in Management Information Systems, Accounting, or Finance.
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) professional certification is required; other professional certifications relating to the audit and security of information systems are beneficial (i.e. CISSP, CIA, CCP, CPA).
Normal office environment. 5%-10% travel required.